Google is testing a new Google My Business verification method which is done by a video call. We came across this when a client was moving locations but does not get mail at the current location.
The steps were as follows:
- We requested a new PIN to verify the location change via postcard.
- After 14 days without receiving the postcard the GMB support team escalated it to manual verification.
- GMB then reached back out within 48 hours to setup a time for a videocall via Google Hangouts
- At the time of the call the GMB team called the business listing phone number to verify the process that the business knew the listing was being updated.
- Once confirmed the GMB team emailed the hangouts link to the email where the verification support request was initiated.
- The GMB agent remained on the business phone while I gave a video tour of the store.
- They requested to see the outside of the business and signage as well as a tour of the store.
- They also requested to see business cards and any marketing materials available to verify the business name and address.
- After a few minutes the video call was completed and the listing was verified and to be published in 48 hours.
Look out for this to be rolled out. Not 100% it is in beta or just a new method of verification.
If you need help with your Google listing give us a call.