Recently Google held the Google Partners Connect event for June 2018. The presentation covered the rise of voice assistants and smart devices and how it will impact retail business.
They covered some good information. Some of it was ecommerce yet the trends and the impacts are meaningful to brick-and-mortar businesses.
• Global in-store sales influenced by digital touchpoint grew 43% from 2004 to 2017.
• Rise of smart/assistant devices. 8 billion connected devices in 2018 is expected to become 20 billion in 2020.
• 85% increase in mobile searches for “where to shop/buy” have grown by 2 years.
• Last two years saw 50,000 years of watch time for videos with “review” in title.
• 70% of smartphone users rely on Google before buying something new.
View the deck here.